Saturday, March 15, 2014

Can I hook up headphones together to make a home theater?










Answer
What does hooking head phones together have to do with making a home theatre?

You obviously have some plan in mind, but you've done a terrible job describing it.

I bought a home theater system that doesn't have a headphone jack, how can I use headphones oon it?

Q. I bought a home theater system that doesn't have a headphone jack, but sometimes at night when I am watching movies, it's too loud and I need to use headphones to watch. Is there some kind of converter that I can hook up to the home theater reciever to allow me to use headphones?
the headphones are wirless, and the receiver has a cable splitting into red and white. There are no open red and white sockets for them. And there is not headphone jack either.
Problem solved. I bought a different home theater system witha headphone jack and realized that there is a converter that came with the headphone system which combines both red and black cables into one headphone plug. Thanks for the help.


Answer
Interesting question and I hope I have the answer.

First though let me say that from your additional description, you cannot easily use the headphones that you have with a conventional headphone jack (1/4" 3 conductor). It sounds like you need audio line outputs to feed the wireless transmitter. Do the headphones have a volume control built into it?

If you are watching movies from just one source such as a DVD player or VCR then I would use the audio line outputs of that unit and turn the sound down on the system. If you currently use those outputs to feed your system then you would need to get a Y splitter for each channel.
This might get tricky though if your DVD player is integrated with your home theater system - then I'd ask you if you have any RCA line outputs on your system? If you do then I'd try and hook up the headphones there.

Good luck. I'm sure your neighbors will appreciate the peace and quiet!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment