Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Inexpensive, durable headphones?




Dana�


I'd like headphones that are small/portable, can take a lot of abuse getting carried around in my bag, are capable of playing at a pretty high volume, and hopefully cost under about $20.

I have JVC marshmallows that I bought for about $3, great sound quality for the price, but I don't like how you have to squish the foam before sticking them in your ears, it's awkward in public. Also, I feel like it would be safer to have headphones that can let more outside sound in (though hopefully not making my music sound too loud to people near me).

I'm stuck at college in the middle of nowhere without a car, so I will be ordering online and shipping to New York.
What has the best sound quality within my requirements?
Thanks!



Answer
Target has some nice ones
If you want REALLY INEXPENSIVE ones, I would go to 5 below (might not last as long!)

What is a good pair of inexpensive headphones to use while recording?




Emily


I'm new to the world of recording technology. I recently bought myself a USB condenser microphone to record my singing and whatnot. Now, I'm looking into getting a good pair of inexpensive headphones to use while recording. Inexpensive as in costing no more than about $100 - $150. Any suggestions, please? If possible, can add you some detail as to why you suggested what you suggested? Please and thank you!


Answer
Ignore skullcandy and bose - skullcandy lose alot of the definition, using cheap components, bass raised on the eq etc., and bose don't sound natural, they sound nice, but they'll cover up recording problems you want to hear. Same with the Beats...you want a nice flat EQ for recording, ideally, not a pair of headphones with the bass cranked up.

Your main options really are:
Senheisser HD-25 (mk2 are best, SP would do if you have a tight budget)
Senheisser HD280 (bigger than the 25s but as good quality for cheaper)
Beyerdynamic DT 770/DT100
Audio Technica ATH910PRO

But generally, avoid in ears if doing vocals, they create an effect where you're hearing yourself through the headphones and through your head, which isn't useful. Try and avoid headphones designed for mp3 players as they tend to be designed to cover up artifacts in the playback, which is the complete opposite to what you want.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment