Friday, May 30, 2014

Sound system that me and my friends can jam along to. (Need people with audio knowledge to help)?




Jack94x


Me and a couple friends can split the cost, but it can't be that expensive

I play drums, and my friend is working on some techno songs and such. Basically, we need to be able to play music loud enough so we can hear it through the speakers, it doesn't sound like complete garbage, and did I mention that it needs to be loud. It doesn't need to be "blow out your eardrums" loud, but it must be loud enough so that we can hear it while doing some moderate jamming

another alternative would be if there was some sort of cord that could split the audio feed into 3-4 sections and allow us to hear it with headphones (we would need cables to extend it, and the cords would be a mess, but if this option could be better if the sound system is too expensive.)

direct links to products and the names of the things I need is appreciated

we are planning on starting this up in a few days. We are by no means rich, so I would throw the price cap at about 300 bucks. I know that there is no way we are going to get anything super high quality for that price, but I am hoping we can get something that isn't complete garbage.

All advice is appreciated, I am not the best consumer and I value your input and cannot thank anyone who helps me enough!



Answer
There are headphone distribution amps that would work if you can put up with the cord mess (I found a decent one for about $50 and linked to it below).
Or, you could get an instrument amp/speaker, or amplified PA speaker with a budget cap of $300. JBL Eons are nice, but those start at $500. There are many other powered PA speakers for under $300, even under $200 (and even under $100 but I don't think they'd be adequate). Mackie makes a new model called the "Thump 12A" for about $300 that is getting great reviews. I'll put a link to that below, too.

You also mention just one friend but that you want 3-4 splits for headphones, which leads me to think there might be a musician in the "band" that owns a muscal instrument amp -- which you may be able to share to make the techno stuff (from a computer, I guess) loud enough for everybody to jam to. That would cost the least -- almost free (just a cable/adapter)!

How could I play one video on four televisions?




Xela


If I wanted to play something on four televisions, how would I go about doing so? I was thinking of buying two sets of these: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3526365 and plugging 'em all together. But, from experience with headphone splitters, I know that makes the audio quieter. Speaking of audio, I'll probably just play the audio through my sound system.

Regardless--any suggestions?
Rose Marie-You're a bitch. Don't answer when you obviously have no clue.

moemamoo-thank god, a reasonable and intelligent answer. I'm looking for RCA, not Coax. But, yeah, I found a combo distribution box and video amp at the radio shack website. Thanks for the help!

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2783643



Answer
What you need is a video amp and distribution box. They can come combined, however you can get them separately as well.
First you need to connect the video source (VHS, DVD, computer, etc.) to the video amp. This amp bolsters the signal to the point where it can be split into 4 separate feeds without degradation. Second you connect the outputs from the splitter or distribution amp to your 4 TV's, with most likely, coaxial cable.
It is also possible to put your video source into a VHF/ UHF modulator and transmit the video source to any of many TV's tuned into the signal on which you are transmitting.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment