Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Why won't my FMJ headphones work with my Xperia Play?




Janice


I just got new headphones for Christmas, the FMJ headphones from skullcandy, and they don't work with my phone. I have the Xperia play, and when I plug them in, it says "accessory not supported" on the phone, and continues to play out the phone speakers instead of the headphones. Is there anyway to fix this problem, or do I just have to purchase new headphones?


Answer
I've been having the exact same problem. Sony Ericsson products are not always compatible with things like Skullcandy or other types of headphones, especially if they have things like microphones or volume adjusters built into the headphones/earbuds. Right now, there is no software fix for them but there IS something you can do hardware wise: a small little adapter that makes it compatible with the Xperia Play. It's called a TRRS Adapter and you can find it here:
http://www.meelec.com/MEE_TRRS_Adapter_for_P_Version_Headphones_p/adptr-trrs-35.htm

If you look under the devices it supports, you will find the xperia play. I'm pretty sure you can find the same adapter online or in stores for less. Hope this helps!

music only coming out of right headphone Sony xperia play?




Jason


I've tried many different headphones and the external speakers both work


Answer
i don't understand your question, but if it's the headphones of the play just bin them and get new ones. If it's the phone itself that has the prob, then just take it to a repairman, as this is a 3.5mm jack prob with the phone.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment