Saturday, April 19, 2014

Normal headphones to PS3?

Q. Should I go this way?With cables/adapters and everything...Or buy a special gaming headset? The question I had was if I manage to connect the normal headphones to the PS3, can I chat/use the microphone? Or just the sound? Thanks!


Answer
Interesting...By normal do you mean the headphones and mic you can plug into the computers backside?(the same inputs a ipod might have, and i know what you mean because I've got a mic thats 10 years old for my comp) Because in that case i think you could buy an adapter for the PS3 that will in turn give you those options. i suppose if you really like the limited cord span and feel sentimental towards this technology then go right ahead.

But..as for this old technology actually working on the PS3, i do not know. Because for one these headphones you are talking about were probably designed for a computer and a computer alone. But just because the PS3 is newer technology, it is still a computer.

If i were you...I'd just get a more recent headset. The one i got is a Sony Bluetooth wireless headset which cost me 50$

Word of advice...stay with Sony products if you can. It's common sense that if you want quality products, then stay with quality producers..and Sony is one of those.

Good luck!

How can I use headphones for my PS3?

Q. I want to get Headphones for my Playstation 3. Is there some way to connect my regular 3mm jack headphones to the PS3 if i was to buy some time of cable for the audio (Red or White Cable). Like a Female cable, i think that's how they call it. Or some other type of device that works like headphones .I kind of in a budget so something not to pricey.

P.S I have a Bluetooth headset and its only used for communicating not hearing.
I use the red (or white) and yellow cable so i dont have a HD tv just a regulare TV. And i hook up directly to my TV


Answer
First, you would probably want to figure out how you're going to get the audio from the playstation to headphones. I'm assuming it doesn't have an 1/8" headphone jack on the side. You would need to specify what your setup is like. Do you hook it up to a high def tv or with the old school red and white rca's? Do you send the audio to a stereo receiver or straight to the tv?

If you have it going to a receiver, they usually have a 1/4" headphone jack on it. If you need to convert from 1/4" to 1/8" or viceversa, radio shack sells adapters. If you don't go to a receiver, you're going to need some kind of headphone mixer that you can plug into, and adjust its input volume. Anything that has a headphone jack AND is able to accept some kind of auxiliary input would work actually. You can't really efficiently plug headphones straight to the back of a tv through the rca's. Again, Radio Shack would sell any adapters you would need to switch from the rca's to whatever input type your device has.

Then comes the issue of mixing your friends voices that come through the headset with the audio that is coming from the game. I guess you could use ear-bud style headphones and just wear one in one ear, and your bluetooth on the other, but I imagine that might be awkward. I'm not sure what kind of headset output options the playstation has on board, but i have messed with this idea in head for my xbox 360. The 360 controller has a 2.5mm jack (like most cell phones have) built onto it. If I were to do it, i would use my small yamaha 6 channel audio mixer. I'd convert the rca's from the xbox to a 1/4" plug and put that on channel 1. The hard part would be figuring out how to split my voice output and my friends voice input that goes through the headset through 1 plug. I guess I could get a 2.5mm splitter, if they make one, which would be 1 MALE to 2 FEMALE (mono) plugs and run the side that has my friends voice to channel 2 and the side that carries my voice to an OUTput on the mixer and plug a mic into channel 3 to send to that out, thus hearing your own voice when you talk too. It would probably be pretty awkward having a separate mic. Or you could try one of those PC headsets that have a boom mic and a cable with 2 plugs, one for voice output and one for hearing input and use the same method. But of course this is xbox so I'm not sure if its any use. oh well...

Wow, pretty complicated. I love brainstorming. Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment