Wednesday, April 16, 2014

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD MAKE/MODEL OF EARBUD HEADPHONES, ALSO THAT ARE AFFORDABLE, GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY?




John


CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD MAKE/MODEL OF EARBUD HEADPHONES, ALSO THAT ARE AFFORDABLE, GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY?

I haven't ever bought earbuds before, because I grew up with more traditional headphones, and there's so many different choices now for so many different makes/models, and price ranges, etc; that it's difficult
to decide. I don't really want to spend a lot on something so small, and to
me they all look as though they would sound the same anyway!

I'd appreciate any advice.


THX for readin' ; )-



Answer
There's definitely a lot of earphones out there, so many that even going by brand reputation can be tough. Good news is that there are some really good ones you don't have to pay too much for. I use the VSonic GR02 Bass Edition earphones. They were less than $45 but they sound great with full bass and great clarity. They do a good job of blocking out noise and the cord is holding up well so far. If they're in your budget I highly recommend them,

I would recommend going here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/ , putting in your budget, and focusing on whatever other factors are important to you besides sound quality (maybe noise isolation if you'll be using them outside). There's also a guide with the best sub-$50 sets here: http://theheadphonelist.com/holiday-buyers-guide-best-earphones-under-50/ organized by purpose. You may also want to check out head-fi.org - lots of knowledgeable user reviews on there.

First pair of headphones?




Tired of L


I'm planning on getting a pair of good headphones...need to finally replace these old apple earphones.

My price range isn't high but I figure as a first pair of non-earbuds I don't really need a really fantastic pair. I'm just looking for comfort, sound and something I can use on a plane.

I don't want a pair with heavy bass. It doesn't appeal to me and isn't important in the music I listen to. Some bands I listen to are Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Flyleaf, Silverstein, A Day to Remember, From First to Last and Rise Against.

Basically a broad range rock...I guess "pop-punk" and alternative? Just all-round sound.

I'm yet to go to a store and try things out but it'd come in handy to know where to start, apart from the obvious brands that are "popular". I don't mind the idea of a "popular" brand but only if I'm actually getting something good for my money...not just paying for the pretty logo.

What would some good headphones that aren't too expensive be? Say...$50 to maximum $200? Not heavy in the bass and for use on an ipod/computer.

I have no idea about headphones so any help would be appreciated :)

Thank you :)



Answer
I strongly reccomend you look into sennheiser - since they have good value for money headphones :
Sennheiser HD201 (I own a pair) $25
Sennheiser HD202 $25
Sennheiser HD203 $35
The higer the number next to the "HD" the better the sound quality (and the price goes up...).

Audio Technica- I heard good reviews by many, never tried them myself - they have a few models that are around $60 (ATH M20, ATH-M35, ATH-ANC27, ATH-D40fs) but most of their pairs are $130 or so.

And I'm sorry, I can't finish this answer without adding a few Sony models in:
Sony MDR-V150 $25
Sony MDR-ZX300 $30




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment