Sunday, February 2, 2014

Headphones for running, that won't break?




Leah G


I'm a runner, and always listen to music while I run. I go through a new set of headphones about 5 times a year. They just stop working...usually starting w/ the sound only coming in one ear, and then it stops altogether. Does anyone know of a brand of type of headphone that will last longer?


Answer
Honestly, they may only last so many months due to the sweat and wetness that they get from wear when running. What you describe as how the stop working is exactly what happens to mine- very annoying. I'd look for waterproof ones as well, that may help prolong the life of them so you're not having to replace so often.

I've had success with the Nike sport wrap around your ears headphones. They lasted for me at least 4 months. I actually need a new pair!

Good luck finding a pair that works for you.

Good headphones / earbuds to buy?




DPhFan


Hey

Im looking to buy a new pair of earbuds (the in ear kind.. not the big ones that go over your ears). I've tried zoo many types.. apple, sony , ibeats and they're all pretty bad. I am into running and want to find a pair that are meant for running / exercise, and maybe have a rope cord, instead of a plastic cord (I'm not actually sure if this is possible.. read somewhere that skull candy makes a pair like this but i don't know the model name)

can anyone help me?? thanks! :)



Answer
The Sony MDR-V6s were the first really good headphones I owned. After about 15 years of use, the foam padding was a bit run down. After doing the exhaustive search for the best headphones, I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD580s (I also own Etymotic ER-4Ps). Comparing the HD580 to my MDR-V6s, I would say that the MDR-V6s are better for two reasons. 1. The MDR-V6s are more
comfortable to wear for long periods of time, and 2. The MDR-V6s have a telephone-like cord, which is easier to deal with than the straight HD580 cord. The sound quality was very good on both headphones, and about equal. I ended up buying new foam pads for my 15-year-old MDR-V6s, which made them feel like brand new headphones. I also bought a second pair of MDR-V6s, and shelved the HD580s for now.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment