Thursday, February 6, 2014

Can anyone suggest good headphones for rock music?




Chaoran Z


Looking to buy a new pair of headphones. I listen mostly to hard/progressive rock (ie Led Zeppelin, Boston, Pink Floyd, etc.).


Answer
I listen to the same kind of music as you :)
I have a pair of Sennheiser CX 300-II:
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_classic-line_cxseries-in-ear-earphones-cx-300-ii?Open&path=private_headphones_mp3_classic-line

They're in-ear headphones, they're quite bassy but still great for ROCK :)

Although I prefer my other pair, the Sennheiser MD428:
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_hifi_wired-headphones_502765

They're headphones which go over your ears. They are GREAT, it feels like Pink Floyd is playing right beside you :)

Sennheisers can get quite pricey, but they're well worth it for the sound quality!

Hope I helped!

Best Headphones for Rock/Metal punk music?




Kevin


So im really hoping to find a good pair of headphones that sound really good with the genres of Nu-metal, Alternative, Rock, Punkrock.

Max budget would be around $300 and some headphones ive already tried which i think are good but cant be sure are the Bose qc15's and bose ae2w's.

I love the noise cancelling on the qc15's even though im not a frequent traveler, its a nice feature, and the bluetooth is nice on the ae2w's but i dont know bout the 7hour battery life, Ae2ws sound ok with the kinda music i listen to and I couldnt try the qc15's since at best buy i cant plug my own phone into them

Other wise lots of people say the Vmoda m100's have good bass and crisp clear highs and lows

Any other headphones out there that you can possibly recommend that sound good with the music i like? maybe a link to a youtube review



Answer
I would send you in the direction of the V Moda...they are a safe bet for your taste in music.

You might want to have a look at the Denon AH-D600 though...great price right now, not the best option for 'portability'...it's a big solid heavy headphone and worth a mention.

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/headphones/denon-ah-d600-review-50010746/

Just to support the answer below...I personally use the Sennheiser HD25 ii and occasionally plug them into the Sony MW600 bluetooth headset - it isn't the most stylish of headphones and paired with the MW600 it isn't that expensive...the sound is amazing. I tend not to recommend my own cans unless it is stressed that they don't care about styling and durability is more important...that's exactly why I chose them. The sound isolation on the HD25 is pretty good too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment