Wednesday, April 30, 2014

will headphones work on monitor?

Q. I'm going to buy a benq monitor, it will be only used for gaming with my xbox. I was wondering if i plug in my xbox to my monitor with an hdmi if I can plug in a standard headset into the jack of the monitor and be able to hear the xbox sound out of it?


Answer
If the monitor has a headphone jack on it then yes.

Most TV's tend to have headphone jacks, although don't tend to see it on a monitor. Although now TV's do HD your better buying a full 1080P HDTV and using that as a monitor rather than a dedicated monitor.

Hooking up headphones to monitor with PS3?




lebo


I recently bought a PS3 and hooked it up to my HP 2509m monitor. I would like to be able to listen to my games with a headphone, so I don't annoy the people who live across the walls. Anyway, I tried plugging a headphone into the headphone jack of the monitor, but the PS3 doesn't seem to recognize that there's a headphone plugged in and keeps sending sound to the monitor speakers. I looked on the settings monitor and they don't have anything to say about this; I'm not sure if there's a PS3 setting to use or not. Any suggestions?


Answer
That audio jack on your HP 2509m monitor is an input, for receiving an analog audio signal from a computer sound card to play over the monitor's speakers. It is NOT for hooking up to headphones.

If you want the PS3's sound to come out of other sources rather than the 2509m's speakers, then you will need to connect headphones or speakers directly to the PS3's analog multiport audio output or the digital optical audio output.

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment