Sunday, April 27, 2014

Headphone burn-in questions.?




tehwinzorz


So I just got new, high quality headphones. After a couple days of use, I noticed the notice saying I should burn them in for 24 hours.

- Is anything bad going to happen because I didn't start burning them as soon as I got it?

- Should I take breaks every once in awhile or go straight through it. If I do take breaks, how often should they be? I was planning on starting before I went to sleep, then going to school, and coming home and taking them off after the 24 hours.

- If I burn them to one devise, will it sound weird on everything else?



Answer
You didn't do any harm by not allowing them to burn in. The burn in would have happened naturally as you listened to them. I'm guessing the notice is there so you hear the headphones when they sound their best.

Going for 24 hours straight is fine. Just make sure to set the volume at a comfortable listening level. Do NOT crank up the music so it happens faster.

No, it won't sound weird when used with other devices.

Proper way to burn in new headphones?

Q. I wanna start off by saying I know this is a controversial subject and not everyone agrees that "burning in" headphones is actually a real thing. So I don't want any arguments or negative comments please. Just advice.

So I just bought the Audio Technica ATH-M50's off Amazon because of all the rave reviews it has gotten. I'm not a headphones expert or anything. I just bought them cause I wanna listen to my music in high quality and less than $200.

Out of the box I was disappointed with the sound. It sounded bland, the music sounded muffled and below average. I thought I just wasted $150, but I heard you need to "burn in" new headphones to get the full quality. I really hope this is the case.

So my questions are: what's the best way to burn in new headphones? Pink noise? White noise? Put my music on shuffle? How long should I burn them and should it be a continuous burn in without breaks? Volume level?


Answer
I recently purchased the Sony MDR V55DJ headphone after trying it out in store against some other headphones...when I got my nicely packaged headphones out the box and tried them on...they didn't sound anything like the ones on 'display' that I tried out...after a few days of normal use...the sound improved and I haven't had them off my head much since...I use headphones for listening to sounds on my iPod, laptop and watching movies and TV so they get a fair amount of use.

The Audio Technica cans are reference headphones, and i'll be buying a set just to add to my collection, I seriously would 'burn them in', they are a classic headphone...all the great reviews on Amazon and 'You Tube' can't be wrong...it might be worth buying a headphone amplifier to give your headphones a 'boost' - try them first on a separates Hi-Fi system and see how they perform before buying anything else or sending them back...

Hope it works out for you...Good Luck..!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment