Thursday, June 5, 2014

Need some headphones for my guitar amp.?







Going to uni and so just in case I end up disturbing anyone, probably should get some headphones for my amp. Don't want to spend much as hopefully I'll only need to use them at night and also I can already see that student debt building up.

Don't really want to spend much more than £50, but I'm not sure how good a quality you can get for that, so suggestions above that price are welcome :)

Cheers.



Answer
For your budget, these are a good purchase:

Able Planet NC300 Soft Touch

"This over-the-ear model from Able Planet provides very good sound quality and very good active noise reduction. Overall, these headphones have a warm character, with bass that has good impact but so-so definition. With midrange frequencies, we detected a plastic resonance; otherwise, midrange was articulate, though a bit muffled and lacking in fine detail. Treble was detailed but recessed. The headphones were very closed-in sounding, with average dynamics. These headphones sound better with the noise-canceling circuitry engaged--when turned off, overall sound drops to good, as bass becomes very prominent, boomy, and less defined, and midrange becomes less articulate, more muffled, and less detailed. These headphones are generally comfortable, and were lightweight for their type; there was light pressure around ears. The vinyl ear pads, which provide a combination on/over-the-ear fit, can feel cramped to those with bigger ears, and might hot and/or sticky after prolonged use. It has an integrated volume control, and comes with carrying case, a detachable cord, a miniplug-to1/4-inch plug adapter, and a miniplug-to-airplane adapter."

Sony MDR-NC500D, Bose QuietComfort 15 and Monster Beats by Dr. Dre "Studio" are a notch bettr but cost 3-4 times your budget.

I don't know if the Able (or the higher end models) is sold in the UK though, I only saw it on Amazon USA for 75$.

The top headphone is the Grado SR80i and fits your budget but the sound leaks, I don't think you want that.

Which headphones should I get for my guitar amp?




toxicbeam


I have a Peavey Transtube Solo electric guitar amp. One of the features it has is that it provides a headphone jack. Ive tried putting my ipod, psp, and various other headphones into this jack but no sound comes out of the headphones.

I was told this was because it requires headphones of the right impedance. So I was wondering which headphones would work for my guitar amp? A link would also be appreciated.



Answer
Go to www.PEAVY.com.I saw the manual and they say that any regular headphones will works.Did your speaker mute when you connect the headphones? If so,then you have a lose wire(the ground wire) of the headphone output jack(inside the amp).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment