Sunday, February 23, 2014

Looking for reasonably priced wireless headphones?




Intrepyd


I'm looking for wireless headphones for use with PC. The only feature I care about is the wireless. Fidelity of sound and quality of construction aren't important. On my first searches, I could only find very expensive headphones over $100. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.
I'm not listening to music with these headphones, so quality is not important. I'm using them for monitoring radio chatter, which is AM-quality to begin with. Cheap as can be!



Answer
You have a strange philosophy, "Fidelity of sound and quality of construction aren't important." Those are two hallmark features of headphones right there. I wouldn't buy something that didn't sound anything less than perfect. Anyway... yeah... I'm just shuttering here at the fact quality of sound is unimportant, give me a second to recover from shock (I'm just joking with you) but you'd probably faint if you knew how much I have paid for my current collection of headphones.

So, anyway, the cheapest I could find was this Panasonic set at $62, http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/search/search__cat_id--11560000,nwylf--,prod_id--251478725,sort--6.html and they got an okay rating at Cnet, http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_RP_WF930_S/4505-6468_7-31214939.html?tag=pdtl-list they're not great but okay. I certainly wouldn't go ANY cheaper.

Ahhhh, point taken, okay, cheap cheap cheap it is. A quick search on Bizrate turned up a refurbished pair of the Sony MDR-RF960RK (that's a mouthfull) headphones available for $36 from eCost (closeout deal), http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=495873&store=ecost&source=ECOSTBIZRATE&srccode=cii_10043468&cpncode=11-6949134-2&adcampaign=email,ECOSTBIZRATE they retail for $90 in case you were wondering.

Best headphones for price?




Bob


I like sound with good base and my budgets around 100 dollars.


Answer
V Moda Crossfade LP. The best for your price. I don't know about the base, but these headphones have excellent bass.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment