Monday, February 24, 2014

IS a DAC what I need for this situation?




Getting ti


There is no stereo plug for my headphones but there is an Digital Optical plug (on my TV) so would a DAC fix this problem?
Thank you very much (ba definitely goes to you), but do you think the sound will still remain as crisp and clear as the TV speakers?



Answer
If DAC means Digital to analog converter, no you need more than that.

There are s/pdif to analog PCM converters, but at $150 you are better off investing on an a/v receiver.

So, get an AV receiver with digital optical input and a headphone output.

Connecting headphones to tv?




Brittany


I have a 42" Sanyo HDTV, model DP42841 and a pair of decent headphones. I want to hook up my heaphones to my tv, but I'm not sure how. I have an audio jack, but when I put my heaphones into it nothing happens. Do I need to change the sound settings on the tv, or get additional equipment to make it work...?

As a side note, I do not have a remote controller because my dog devoured it months ago. If I do need to change the settings I wouldn't be able to from a remote and would love it if you could tell me how from the tv controls directly. Best answer to anyone who can help me??

THANK YOU so much!



Answer
To use headphones, it depends on what the TV has for outputs.
If it has analog stereo, you need a headphone amplifier with RCA input. If your TV has only digital out, you need an audio DAC as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment