Sunday, February 23, 2014

Headphone Amp buzzing noise?




Thomas


I recently purchased a fiio E9 headphone amplifier, to increase the volume for my desktop PC/headphones. There is a buzzing noise in the background. Whenever I scroll up/down a webpage it sounds like - electricity.

I read about ground-loop problems. There is a issue with the PC itself where it turns itself off when physically tampered with sometimes. (just unplug a cable and it shuts off sometimes).

Is it possible I there's an issue with the PC's grounding? Is the sound card the problem? Do i need to pay $80 to add the E7's DAC/USB to the E9?

I'm using the integrated sound card on a Asus M4A89GTD PRO. (ALC 892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC w/ Asus Noise filter)



Answer
Install the new headphone or reinstall the specs...

Good luck!

Is there any benefit of getting a PC Sound Card when using headphones?




Alonzo


I personally think the integrated sound on my PC is just fine, but I'm curious if a sound card would make it even better despite the fact that I only use headphones. I rarely ever use my cheapo desktop speakers.


Answer
Look into a DAC/Headphone amp that works over USB. The cheapest I can think of is the NuForce Icon Mobile at around $80.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WBJE2trbHnp/p_773ICOMOBB/NuForce-Icon-Mobile-Black.html?tab=review

This will plug in via USB, and it will serve as a high-quality amp and a Digital to Audio Convertor. That is far better than just a computer sound card... and many times better than Onboard sound in most cases.

Of course, there are more expensive ones out there, but this one is the cheapest quality amp/DAC that I can find. I personally own one, and they're great.


Also.... if we're talking sub$50 headphones, don't get it. But if we're talking about $100+ quality headphones, then this will be worth while.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment