Thursday, April 10, 2014

Where can I get DJ Headphones?




hotncguy18


Where can I find or buy DJ headphones that cup over your ears?


Answer
Don't settle for Best Buy for DJ headphones. They are for casual listening, and don't bend and flex as good as pro headphones. Depending on your budget you can find tons of DJ headphones at Pro Sound Stage and Lighting.

I would suggest: SONY MDRV500DJ DJ/REMIX HEADPHONES. I have their previous model that I bought ten years ago and I love them. I have been using them ever since. They flip and bend easilly and are very comfortable. The best headphones by far.

Get a good set of headphones, otherwise you are going to buy several pairs throughout your career.

Hope this helps,
Anthony
http://www.djbigant.com

Good DJ Headphones HELP?




Roberto


Im A Starter. I Know How To DJ But Now Im Actually Gonna Start &Go Out. Any Headphones Ideas? Under 60$ Please. I Really Liked The JVC XTREME XPLOSIVES. Look Nice & Comfortable. Also I Need A SoundCard, Whats A Good Decent Brand/Price.?


Answer
Good proper DJ headphones are all well over $100.

When it comes to DJ gear the one place you should never cheap out is on the headphones. The reason being: when you are trying to beat match two songs with two massive monitors aimed at you and the echo of the main system all around your headphones need to be loud AND clear not just one or the other (or worse neither).

Headphones fall into generally 4 categories:

- Consumer
These are the cheap ear buds and over ears that you find at WalMart and target.

- Fashion
This is just an extension of consumer and includes things like SkullCandy and WeSC. They have large headphones that look like DJ headphones but trust me at the performance volumes they sound terrible. (Performance volumes are the volumes needed when DJing at a party or club which are considerably louder than DJing in your bedroom).

- Audiophile
These are usually really good quality and include brands like Bose, AKG, Sennheiser, Shure and others of that nature. The problem is although the quality is there the volumes aren't and neither is the durability for taking the abuse a DJ will put their headphones through.

(I am not ragging on these headphones, I am wearing a pair of Shure headphones right now as I listen to music at my computer. BUT, I would never use them for DJing).

- DJ
Real DJ headphones fall here and the prices start around $150 (with some exceptions mentioned below). Style wise they are all pretty much all the same silver and black over ear construction but as I said they are designed to be loud AND clear and that is all that matters. DJ Headphones are also durable and foldable because they are often stuffed in record bags and moved around constantly.

During a single one hour set I might take my headphones off and put them back on over 30 times and at the end drop them in my gig bag, as good as they sound and look a set of audiophile headphones like say Dr. Dre Beats would not live up to that beating for very long.

These are examples of proper DJ headphones:
- Allen & Heath XD:53
- Pioneer HDJ-1000's (These are the ones I use right now)
- Pioneer HDJ-2000's (These are pretty much the best that money can buy right now)
- Sony MDR-V700's (These were my last pair until I broke them)
- Technics RP-DH1200's
- Ultrasone DJ1's
- Sennheiser HD-25's (These are actually not classic style DJ headphones but I mention them because a lot of people swear by them)

These brands are hit and miss (may be ok for small venues and parties but I wouldn't use them in a club):
- Reloop
- Numark
- American Audio
- Gemini

If you really want to save money: Pioneer HDJ-500's
They cost about $100 and they are "entry level" DJ headphones. They have Pioneer quality without the usual price tag. (Some stores also have the Sony MDR-V700's for under $100 these days but they were discontinued so they are hard to find)

- DO NOT go any cheaper then the HDJ-500's
- DO NOT buy SkullCandy
- DO NOT shop for DJ headphones anywhere but a pro audio store, if you can buy your groceries in the same store they are not selling professional headphones.

-----

As to your sound card question: M-AUDIO or Native Instruments are both good brands if you mean external.

-----




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment