Monday, April 7, 2014

Can you wear overear headphones under a motorcycle helmet?







I have a motorcycle helmet (that I usually use while dirt biking) I was wondering if it is possible for me to fit a pair of headphones under the helmet?

I'm dirtbiking, not diring a motorcycle (so I know it isn't illegal when dirtbiking) if it isn't possible (is it possible for me to take apart the headphones and somehow put them inside the helmet?

Here's the helmet I have : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0089GB3X0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=19IJN752DA8TG&coliid=INU9G510IY18N

I don't like using ear buds because they bug the crap out of me.



Answer
Sure, you'll need to dismantle the headphones without disrupting any of the lead wires to each speaker because the bar that holds them won't fit inside the helmet or at least not comfortably.

If you're talking motorized dirt-bike riding be aware that you may need to turn the volume up to ear damaging levels to hear the music over the sound of the engine though.

what are the best headphones for using with a motorcycle helmet?




ms_whitie


i ride with a full faced helmet and im looking for a good set of earphones that offer some noise isolation and comfort that doesnt get in the way and is affordable
yes BESIDES the illegal issue trust me most of us ride with an mp3 player in one ear on low..... ii asked the questions for specific answers not advice thanks



Answer
ms_whitie,

I am currently using SHURE E2C headphones. They are about $75 shipped(msrp is $99). They fit in my ears well and is almost flushed. The package comes with 3 sets of different sized silicone/rubber type cushions and 3 more sets of orange foam type cushions. Within those 6 sets, I'm sure you'll be able to find one that fits properly. They are setup so that the cord wrap around your ears and hang behind your back. But you don't have to use it like that if you don't want to. These earbuds also come with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty.

I use these earbuds with my Sandisk Sansa mp3 player on long rides and short commute to work. I also use them when jogging. Even if I have the mp3 player turned off, I leave these earbuds in because they help cancel out windnoise(which is very bad for your hearing over time, seriously).

Now, depending on how tight your helmet is, it will take a little finesse in order to get the helmet on without pulling the cord/earbuds out. But it really is not rocket science. You just put the helmet on slowly and can hold the earbuds in with a thumb. Not a huge deal unless you're really impatient.

I hope this helped you out. I've read countless reviews and tried other less expensive earbuds before these. The Sony ones I paid $50 for sucked! The cords was thin and flimsy and started peeling after a month of use. The $15 Koss ones protruded way too much to pull a helmet over.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment