Thursday, April 10, 2014

whats the best quality headphones for $60?




David Will


The three options Im looking at are the Sennheiser HD 201, the AKG K44 and the Sony MDR-XD100 Hi Fi Earphones Headphones. I dont know much about the sound quality of headphones and I dont have much money but which out of these is the best sound quality?


Answer
For headphones/headsets audio, I have always relied on Sennheiser. Although Sony is great (and expensive), for audio Sennheiser has my preference. They are dedicated to making headsets and audio solutions. My headphone from sennheiser is rock solid, and has great sound quality. I don't have experience with AKG.

Best thing would be to read some reviews online, but with Sennheiser you can't really go wrong in my opinion.

Best large headphones for $60?




joska


I'm looking for full sized headphones for perhaps a little more than $50.

I would be using them with my Zune as well as at home, so they shouldn't require too much power.

They must be quite rugged and of sturdy construction, preferably with removable cords but that might be too much in this range. Definitely no sissy little collapsible crap which would break in a few months.



Answer
I am an audiophile. I like to spend a lot of money on headphones...I believe that the headphones will "bottleneck" your sound long before whatever sound device your are listening on will.

That being said, my favourite pair of full-size headphones, or cans, were not that expensive!

The IXOS DJ1001 Ministry Of Sound Headphones.
They are wonderful. there have been at least two newer versions since i bought mine about 5 years ago - the 1002 and 1003

These are hands-down the best DJ headphones i have ever used. They rival SONY MDR class headphones and cost WAY less. The sound is simply superb - the bass is full and rich and they are quite comfortable. They are not as comfy as the Bose headphones - but they also don't sound like ass*, so that's a nice trade-off!

They are well made - handsome - fairly compact for a set of cans and perfectly capable of pumping out the volume. but they are also designed to resist damage from loud ass preamps so you won't blow your ears out when you crank up the monitor.

basically - these cans are awesome. and i think i paid about $60 for them back in 2002 or 2003. I cant speak for later models, but i am sure they are just as good if not better.

Obviously there are the creme de la creme brands like Sony, sennheiser, bang and olufsen grado etc. but for the price - they really and truly stand proud next to those other brands.

As for in ear headphones - i own a set of etymotic research ER-4 microPro in ear buds. Happens to be one of the nicest things i own...my wife would kill me if she found out how much i paid for them ($300 )

and that was when i was in college and had 0 money... and let me tell you something about them - if i lost or broke them, i'd buy another pair.

Wow - sorry for that huge rant, but i hope this helps! Nice to see people still using cans these days...those apple POS earbuds are a crime against nature.


*nothing against Bose, really - i was just kidding... they are perfectly fine - but if you are going to spend that much, why not get a REAL brand?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment