Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What are some good headphones for gaming?




miamifinfa


I really cannot afford to buy a good sound system to play with my PS3 and 360, but I'm looking to buy some good headphones to I can experience the sound in my movies and games better. Can you recommend any good headphones that will be PS3 AND Xbox 360 compatible and is less than $100? It doesn't have to be surround sound headphones.....I hear they are overrated and not needed. I appreciate any help.


Answer
They are a little bit over your price range of $100 dollars, but at that price, I know of no better gaming headphone. It's called the Audio Technica ATH-A500. It has superior positioning and soundstage compared to any other headphone within its price range. This headphone is also closed meaning it will block out some sound.

Here's a link to the ATs:
http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?products_id=319

Another choice would be the Sennheiser HD 555. These are a little cheaper, and they perform just as well, but the problem is that they are open headphones. That means sound will leak out and sound will leak in. If you game in a quiet environment, then I recommend you get these, but if you require isolation from noise, like for say a noisy family or a dorm room, then I would much rather go with the Audio Technica ATH-A500.

Here's a link to the Sennheiser:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106392&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Headphones+/+Headsets+and+Accessories-_-Sennheiser+Electronic+corp.-_-26106392

If it were me, I would get the ATs, because I love them for gaming. When playing FPS, my accuracy is stellar, because I can hear things far away and I can pinpoint them and shoot. This is also assuming your sound source is accurate as well in the first place.

GOOD GAMING HEADPHONES?




Alex


Hi, im looking for some quality gaming headphones under these preferences:
Comfy earmuffs, crystal clear microphone & the microphone doesn't pick up background noise.
I made youtube commentarys and I want a quality headset with an amazing microphone.

Please give me some links on what you recommend, and one last preference.
AUSTRALIAN WEBSITES ONLY MOFOS SO I CAN GET CHEAP SHIPPING :D



Answer
A really good brand is turtle beach sold at EB games, i don't know where else its sold. There are a few commentary's of the product on you tube. This brand is fairly priced and excellent produce excellent headphones, but make sure you get the ones that work on computer, they have a usb thingy most of them do or if you want it for a gaming console most of them can do PS3, Xbox360 and pc,anyway go to www.ebgames.com.au and go search turtle beach and a list of different models of their headphones should show up.
The really good ones cancel back round noise, comfy leather muffs, equalizer (eg.) bass boosting, Crystal clear microphone, also sensitive for that time where you don't want you parents to know your awake (experience).
Eb games Australia link : http://www.ebgames.com.au/
Turtle Beach link : http://www.turtlebeach.com/
NOTE: if you are getting it in ebgames they only have a few models and run out fairly quickly so you might have to pre-order them.
Hope this helped enjoy :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment