Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bose noise canceling headphones?




123


I live downstairs in a house that has hard wood floors. My family ( parents and siblings) live upstairs, and as a result, it is extremely noisy all day. During the day, the small children run around nonstop, up and down the stairs, everywhere. At night, my parents don't go to sleep until the early hours of the morning, and walk and talk around the house. I've already told my family that I'm having trouble concentrating on doing my work during the day and sleeping during the night, but my siblings don't care (they are kids) and my parents don't care either( "stop being picky, get used to it!"). I'm extremely tired of this, and just get so angry and frustrated about their apathy. I already use silicone earplugs ( I've tried foam earplugs, but they always fall out of my ear even when I insert them following instructions). I'm thinking of using the silicon earplugs and wearing a pair of noise canceling headphones on top.
I did a lot of research, and it seems that Bose's QuietComfort 15 headphones are the best. They are very expensive ( $300 plus), but I'm definitely willing to use my own money to pay for it if it really works. A lot of reviews say that it blocks low frequency noise well, but how about high frequency noises (such as screaming children)? I'm wondering if it also can block all noise, since my house is so noisy (I feel like the floor is going to fall in when the kids run around). One last question, how do I turn the noise canceling feature off when I'm about to fall asleep? Because I want the noise canceling feature until I fall asleep, and then turn it off when I'm asleep so that I don't waste battery. Or does the headphone block the noise without the noise cancellation feature?
I will award the points to whoever has actually used the headphones and answers all the questions. Thanks. I'm about to die of noise pollution.



Answer
I have a pair of these headphones and they are great. I too live under a couple who seem to walk with lead shoes. Its also hardwood floors. I mostly used my Shure earbuds that are noise isolating and it would block out what sounded like they were stomping. These will definitely block out the noise of them walking and will block almost all of the noise of people talking. However the noise cancelling feature has a manual switch so if you fell asleep with them on it would waste the battery. The noise cancelling works on the battery and there is a big difference once you turn them off. As I am typing this out I can hear the people above me, and its really annoying! I feel your pain. When I wake up in the middle of the night and here them walking around I want to get up and start pounding on the ceiling.

These headphones are expensive but definitely worth the price. Your life will be much better after buying them. If you haven't used them already. Go into an Apple store, put them on and listen to some music, even with people walking around and talking loudly you wont hear any of it. You kind of feel like your in your own space with these headphones on. I hope this help, best of luck to you.

My headphone plug won't work properly...?




J-law


So I have new headphones from Sennheiser(Sennheiser HD 407) since a month now and I love them ! The only problem is that now it has a little problem...It won't work properly ! Whenever I plug the headphones in(on any device) , the sound switches from left to right , but when I push the plug hard enough inside the jack then the sound comes out properly+I have checked to see if the problem is the (bending part on the) plug, well it's not ! It's not broken or anything ! PLZ help ... what could possibly be wrong , Could it be dirty or something like that ?


Answer
The plug isn't going in far enough. It's a bit short. That's not what's expected from Sennheiser so carefully check if the plug got squashed a little bit which might have shortened or otherwise damaged it.
Those phones are £20 or less but they are decent quality phones.
If you can't see any damage shuffle the house around till you find the receipt and the box and take them back to the shop for a replacement.
At 1 month old they will still be under guarantee.
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/11912234/Sennheiser-HD-407-Open-Headphones/Product.html?source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:85386&awc=1418_1325707585_d319a5276024a7b6c743914127cb44b6

For only a few (thousand) pounds more you could have got these if you can find some.
Only 300 were made. £9 000 if you want some. Second hand.
http://www.avland.co.uk/sennheiser/orpheus/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment