Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Headphone amp or dac?




Sophia


Hi, Im thinking on buying the Little Dot I+ Hybrid Headphone Amplifier and replace the tube and opamp, for the dac I might get the Super Pro USB DAC 707.
My question is which one would change the sound the most, because I can buy one of them now and the other in a few weeks, I currently have a Grado Rs2i and I use them with my laptop or ipod, and listen to just flac or wav files.



Answer
DAC.

DAC Amp for 8 ohm Headphones?




Sam


I recently purchased a pair of Sony MDR-XB 1000's and have since been on a quest to find an amp that can take advantage of them. My headphones have an 8 ohm resistance, and every headphone amp that I've looked into has been 16 ohms or greater. I know that running an amp against a lower resistance can be harmful to the amp/headphone, so Is there anything I can do mechanically to increase my headset's resistance? Is there even a DAC amp that supports an 8 ohm resistance?


Answer
A good short answer to this question is:

Whatever the manufacturer's specifications may say,
almost any heaphones rated betwwen 4 ohms and 600 ohms
will be compatible with almost any headphone amplifier ever made.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment